May Africa's greatest peak be snowy for year to come.
A crisp invigorating salad.
Beans (makes 8 servings)
Rinse & clean 1½ cups white beans in pot.
Soak overnight in the following brine:
- 1 onion & 3 stalks celery thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp. each dried mint & dried dill
- Add water so height of beans is ½ of total water level.
Cook in brine 1-2 hours until beans are
desired firmness. Drain & cool.
2 tbsp. each of cider vinegar & lemon juice
1 tsp. salt
3 tbsp. olive oil
Whisk vinegar, lemon juice, & salt.
Add olive oil 1 tbsp. at a time until dressing
emulsifies & becomes creamy.
Mix dressing & beans. Chill.
Serve on a platter of fresh greens & blanched broccoli florets.
Can you make Kilimanjaro?
Beans give you the power to cool our world three ways:
- Eating plant-based protein reduces livestock impacts & GHG emissions.
- Beans regenerate soil quality & overall farm productivity.
- With better farming, less land needed for agriculture. More trees grow in forests!