Smooth & spicy with hints of ginger.
Eat with bread & veggies.
Ingredients (makes about 4 cups)
350 g of Kenya’s best yellow beans cooked
Juice of one lemon + its zest
3 cloves of garlic
½ teaspoon cardamom powder
½ ginger powder
½ cup of tahini
4-8 teaspoons of water
3-4 tablespoons of best-quality olive oil
Freshly ground pepper & sea salt to taste
- Blend ingredients in a food processor or a blender until smooth.
- Taste & adjust the seasonings. Add a little water & a drizzle of olive oil if pasty.
- Place in a small bowl & drizzle with a olive oil before serving with warm bread of any kind.
- Alternatively spread over flatbread, garnish with cherry tomatoes, your favorite greens, olive oil.
Beans give you the power to change the world three ways:
- Connect with farmers from far away who double their harvests.
- Enjoy new flavors & better nutrition.
- Farms become greener & ready for changing climate.